A Tradition of Community Service

This beautiful cast bronze bell serves as an ongoing symbol of the District’s commitment to voluntary community service.

This beautiful cast bronze bell serves as an ongoing symbol of the District’s commitment to voluntary community service.
The bell reads, “Hauser Lake Volunteer Fire Dept, Est 1952”

The HLVFD now proudly displays the beautiful cast bronze bell which serves as an ongoing symbol of the District’s commitment to voluntary community service. It is rung to mark the beginning and end of ceremonies, meetings and other events.

Credits: The bell was purchased with funds from the HLFPD and HLFD Auxiliary. The District is grateful to retired Engineer Ken Birge for the idea and preliminary research. He and retired Captain Scott Weston built the hickory frame housing the bell. The pull is knotted and tied by Chief Larry Simms. The cloth cover (not shown) was made by Auxiliary member Rita Birge.

The District thanks Chips and Sparks Creations of Harpster, Idaho for the engraving.

Author: Hauser Lake FPD

Fire protection district in Hauser, Idaho.