The Hauser Lake Fire Protection District is a taxing district within Kootenai County, Idaho. It is divided into three political sub-districts, simply referred to by number 1, 2 or 3. The Fire District’s Board of Commissioners includes three elected officials, one from each of those three areas.
See the map posted on this page. The map is also available to view at the fire station. Sub-districts were most recently assessed in 2016 to achieve three areas with similar populations and geographic areas.
- Sub-district 1 is the L-shaped area on the east which includes Ember’s.
- Sub-district 2 is the block farthest south, along highway 53, which includes Curley’s.
- Sub-district 3 includes the area to the north and west and the city of Hauser.
Current Fire District Commissioners
Fire District Commissioners are elected by Hauser Lake voters district-wide, but each must reside within his or her respective sub-district.
Commissioners are elected to four-year terms. The current Hauser Lake Fire Protection District Board of Commissioners includes:
- Wes Michael, eastern sub-district 1, current term ends 2019 and he will run again in the November election.
- Lisa Wendle, Board President, southern sub-district 2, current term ends 2019. She will not be seeking another term.
- Shane Kamps, northwest sub-district 3, current term ends 2021.
The Board of Commissioners meets monthly on the second Monday of each month, at the fire station at 6:30 pm. Meeting notices and agendas are posted on the fire station door in advance of each meeting and on the District’s Facebook page (link opens in a new window).
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend any and all fire district public meetings. Every meeting agenda sets aside time for public comment.
Information about serving on the Board of Commissioners for the Fire District can be found under “Candidate Information” on kcgov.us, the Kootenai County website (link here should open in a new window).