***Breakfast with Santa has been cancelled for December 13, 2020.***
Shalena’s Breakfast with Santa is an annual fundraiser and community-building event sponsored by the Hauser Lake Volunteer Fire Department and Auxiliary. The event is held on the second Sunday of each December. Over 1,000 people are served each year; attendance increases steadily as more and more friends and neighbors discover this terrific event as a way to get into the holiday spirit. Click here for public comments about this great event.
- What: Community fundraiser which includes a raffle, visits and photos with Santa Claus, and a fantastic breakfast served by the fire fighters with help from their families, friends, and 4-H groups
- Why: Proceeds help a local family with a child who suffers from a serious, often terminal disease.
- When: Second Sunday in December, from 7 am to 1 pm.
- Where: The Hauser Lake Fire Station at 10728 N. Hauser Lake Rd., Hauser, Idaho
- Served: All-you-can-eat sausage, eggs, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee and more
- How much: A suggested donation of $3 per person or $10 for an entire family
This year’s breakfast (2019)
Prizes for the raffle, which is held each year during the Breakfast with Santa, are created, filled, and donated by the Auxiliary members and other local citizens and businesses. Special thanks go to the Auxiliary members for their valuable contributions.
Share and help us even more!
Please help make the event a success by promoting the event. Share the Facebook event or this web page with your friends, family, colleagues, coworkers…anyone and everyone!
You can also help us help this family by sharing the flyer each year (currently not available).
- 2020 Breakfast with Santa flyer – picture (check back in November)
- 2020 Breakfast with Santa flyer – PDF file (check back in November)
How Breakfast with Santa Started
Each December, the Hauser Lake Fire Department hosts this fund raising event to help a local family in need. John and Betty Mobbs started the event in 1985 when they worked to raise money to help alleviate medical bills and financial distress for the family of a Hauser Lake volunteer firefighter, Gary, whose daughter was diagnosed with cancer.
Shalena lost her battle but her memory lives on with the Breakfast. Shalena’s Breakfast With Santa has become an annual tradition within the community of Hauser, Idaho. With help from area businesses and North Idaho citizens, proceeds go to a family with a child diagnosed with a serous illness. The children’s illnesses are often terminal.
Start Your Own “Breakfast With Santa”
To suggest a family as next year’s beneficiary or for questions regarding Breakfast with Santa, email email@example.com.
Thanks to KHQ channel 6 for letting us share this fun, 2 minute video with you. KHQ Channel 6 did a little story about Breakfast with Santa on the event’s 25th anniversary. Gary Mobbs and Lisa Wendle are interviewed.
Page last updated November 2, 2020.